Latest Spring addition to our shop
The once forgotten radish is making a comeback! now considered to have many health benefits it is once again being added to salad and dishes everywhere!
The radish is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Magnesium, Copper and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Folate and Potassium.
1. High on Fiber: If you eat it as part of your daily diet it will improve your digestion, helps your liver and the gall bladder, and is great for taking care of water retention.
2. Guards the Heart: Radishes are a good source fo anthocyanins that keep our hearts functioning properly, reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
3. Controls Blood Pressure: Radish also provides your body wit potassium, which can help lower you blood pressure.
4. Improves Immunity: Given that the radish has high vitamin C, it can protect you from common cold and cough, and improve your basic immunity system.
4. Good for the Skin: If you drink radish juice every day, you're giving your skin special boosters to stay healthy, and that's mostly because of the Vitamin C, zinc, and phosphorus. Plus it also keep dryness dryness, acne, pimples, and rashes at bay. And if you apply it on your hair, it helps to remove dandruff, prevent hair loss, and strengthens the root too.
Recipe ideas to come...
A wide variety of radishes on sales now! P.A.SPARKS: 26 The Broadway,
Loughton IG10 3ST